Saturday, May 3, 2008

I'm so sorry!!!

I know I have been gone forever! I just haven't known what to post. I'm not in a buying mode right now, because I am pretty much set until summer. Then we'll have lots to do, I'm sure, though the budget will possibly be tighter. My husband has a job interview with a public school district Tuesday, and we're shooting for moving June 14th. When he gets a job up there, we'll work out finances and see how much I get to spend! :-p

I do know a couple things I want to work on though. I can't seem to find any cute sundresses. Old Navy is generally my standby for practically everything, but I am not loving their dresses this year. Sad! Also, I have made it my mission to go and try on some walking shorts to see how I feel about them. Shorts are a definite no, and I've been told capris aren't great, but I just can't see myself wearing skirts all the time, especially since I won't be working all summer.

Anyway, I'm trying to come back. Any requests for things to talk about? While we're waiting for warm weather (seriously - it snowed here Monday. Not enough to stick, but still), I'm happy to branch out to other stuff!

6 comments:

Tink1272 said...

Try at least one pair of capris just to see. If you get the right style, I bet they would look fabulous on you!

I'm glad you are back. I just love your blog, but I have trouble not saying what other people have already said. I am not the best fashionista, either. But you have totally inspired me!

Anonymous said...

hey katie! i've been wondering what happened to you!

i don't wear shorts, either, but i do practically LIVE in capris in the summer. i think it's all about finding the right shape/length of them.

oh, and i don't know if you have a marshalls or TJ Maxx near you, but i almost always find cute dresses there. i actually just bought 2 last week at TJ Maxx.

good luck to your hubby with the job interview! and good luck with moving if he gets it!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you should totally discount skirts. They don't have to be all work dressy! I love a cute casual skirt during the summer. They are so comfy! I find them at Old Navy or Kohls usually (if I am going cheap).

Occasional Kate said...

Capris could be a possibility... as long as they don't end at the widest part of your leg, they shouldn't be that bad.

Hmm, things to talk about...

Have you gotten a haircut or permed your hair again?

Do you have any other clothes we haven't seen yet?

Have you been able to find the perfect pair of pants?

Did you ever figure out if you can get your eyebrows tweezed or threaded?

Glad you're interested in keeping this thing going! We commenters like to hear from you and want to see you succeed!

Anonymous said...

Try looking at Victoria Secret online for dresses. They have SO many to choose from and they frequently have sales.

Anonymous said...

hey katie, just found your blog. I am a similar size to you and wanted to tell you that I know its hard to find clothes that always fit- but when you do- you feel so good! So keep up the good work.
Also wanted to tell you to look for bermuda shorts or city shorts as the Gap calls them. they are awesome. longer than regular shorts, shorter than capris. they hit right above the knee!