Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Quick Update

...because I don't feel like working very hard, and I have to be here for another 2 hours. Just a few short comments:

1) I'm returning the khaki pants. On closer inspection, they do cause saggy crotch problems. Fortunately, this doesn't effect my Real Woman Dollars, so I still have $100 off a $200 purchase starting 3/24, and I'm definitely taking recommendations! It sounds like I should focus on skirts, day dresses, and possibly bermudas, and another pair of the Right Fit jeans.

2) I wanted to thank you all for pushing me in a Lane Bryant-wardly direction. It was actually a pretty good experience. It was really nice to be in a store where I don't wear the biggest size there. I also think I had some incorrect or maybe just outdated assumptions about the store. It always seemed old woman-y to me, and it definitely doesn't feel that way now.

3) I'm totally returning the green shirt too. Believe it or not, that is a HUGE improvement over what she got me last year. Last year she got all smalls and mediums (she has a daughter! there's no excuse for not knowing sizes!), and this horrible, awful red old woman shirt. The other thing she got me this year was a nice, soft, dark coral tee shirt. Thank goodness for small favors!


***EDIT*** The jeans are going back too. I tried them on today, and they are saggy-crotch also. I am going to try the other Right Fit pants, but otherwise I'll just look for skirts and shirts to exchange them for.

Pants are the bane of my existence.

4 comments:

amber said...

my mom is a plus-size woman and i've gone with her over the years when she has hit up lane bryant. they really have overhauled their selections and there is some great stuff there for young women. have fun looking for skirts and dresses!

Occasional Kate said...

lane bryant has really upped their trendiness over the last few years. it's nice to be able to go in there and come out with stuff than being empty handed!

Sarah - TheGoodFairy said...

Hi Katie from the UK! :D

You look like a similar shape to me and I am just dying to take you shopping! I wanted to just give you a few tips to bear in mind, sorry if its already been covered, I haven't read all the previous comments.

1. Try wrap around dresses, these create an illusion of a waist and will also flatter your bust.

2. Aim for 3/4 length fitted sleeves, short sleeves can make your upper arms look bigger than they are.

3. Chunky necklaces to go with your new necklines, maybe with a drop focal, this will draw the eye to your cleavage and no-one will notice any rolls :D

4. Avoid jeans, denim is too thick and will never hang correctly. Aim for cargo trousers, or....

5. Try bootcut trousers, these will make your legs appear longer and thinner and will look yummy with your yellow wedges!

I often wear wrap dresses with trousers underneath, have you tried that look? If you are wearing a dress by itself look for a length that stops just below your kneecap.

Hope this helps in some way
Sarah x

Anonymous said...

A wrap dress with trousers underneath from 'thegoodfairy'?? I totally don't get that..please don't take that advice. Maybe a tunic top, but you don't need anything with a wrap dress...